Terms of Service
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Let’s keep this simple for once…
References to “we” or “our” in this section refer to Hirestreet (registered in England and Wales under company number 11070982 and have our registered office at 15 The Watermark, NE11 9SY).
Our site is www.hirestreetuk.com - you are here and you are a visitor to our site.
These are our Ts&Cs. We do reserve the right to change them in the future, but we will let you know if we do.
Our Ts & Cs:
- By using our site, you are accepting these Ts & Cs. These terms apply every time you use the site (obviously!) - and you are responsible for everyone using the site through your internet connection (even the dog)
- You can find answers to the questions we get all the time here
There are two ways to rent on our site. You can rent 2 items for 30 days for £30. You can rent 5 items for 30 days for £55.
- When you place an order with us on this site you become a customer and you are entering into a Rental Contract with us. If you have any queries about your rental contract please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org - our lovely team will be able to debunk the legal stuff.
- The Rental Contract is entered into at the point you receive an email from us confirming your order - if for some reason we can’t accept your order or we need to make amendments to your order we will let you know as soon as possible. If you need to speak to us to edit or cancel your order then please quote your order number as it will help us help you in an efficient way.
- The items listed on our site are the property of our Brand Partners and will remain the property of our Brand Partners at all times
- We take care to ensure our product images display the products themselves as accurately as possible, but we do know that photography can impact things like colouring - if you are unhappy with the product you have received please let us know
- Our site is only available to customers in the UK, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands
- We are not liable for any injury that occurs while wearing products supplied by our site
- The cost of delivery will be displayed at checkout
- We endeavour to deliver all items within 5 working days of the order date, however please be aware that events such as Royal Mail strikes, terrible weather and bad luck with the postman are entirely out of our control
- Your rental period starts on the day your items are delivered to you.
- You must return any items that you have not purchased within the rental period specified on your order, or you will be in breach of your Rental Contract and may be subject to charges. If you do not return your items on time, we will assume you want them for another rental period and you will be charged as such.
- An item is classed as returned if you have dropped it at the Post Office. You MUST keep proof of postage because we absolutely do not want to charge you for items that have gone missing in the post.
- You can generate a new returns label free of charge if you have lost yours. Please do not use a different courier to return your items (things can just go wrong)
- Once again (because this one is mega important), when you check out you are entering into a Rental Contract, you DO NOT own these items, the items you have rented will remain the property of the Brands we stock on our site at all times.
- We will not tolerate disrespect, if you have written off your items, or shown a lack of care then we do reserve the right to charge you the replacement value of these items (it is only fair)
- We do not tolerate theft, you must return the items you have hired under the rental contract or we will charge you the replacement value of these items
- You are responsible for loss or damage that happens while the item is in your possession
- If you need to cancel your order, please get in touch ASAP. We can cancel & refund orders if we receive notice of cancellation before items have left the warehouse
- We do not offer Rental Credit or Exchanges on unworn items
- If you wish to purchase one of the items in your order then you must get in touch with our team to arrange to purchase. Any items purchased in rental are not eligible for return once you have paid the sales charge
- If for any reason you have a problem with the order once it has been received please contact us on email@example.com
- We store your card details on file and retain the right to charge late fees and damage fees where we see fit
- This agreement may be transferred by the Brand or Hirestreet to someone else. The Brand or Hirestreet may transfer their respective rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
- Even if the Brand or we delay in enforcing this contract, it can still be enforced later. If Hirestreet or the Brand does not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if Hirestreet or the Brand delays in taking steps against you in respect of breaking this contract, this will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent the Brand or Hirestreet taking steps against you at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Products in English courts.
Marketing Terms & Conditions
- By consenting to Hirestreet’s SMS marketing in the checkout and initialising a purchase or subscribing via our subscription tools, you agree to receive recurring text notifications (for your order, including abandoned checkout reminders), text marketing offers, and transactional texts, including requests for reviews from us, even if your mobile number is registered on any do-not-call list. Message frequency varies. Consent is not a condition of purchase.
- If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications, reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us or use the unsubscribe link we provided you within any of our messages. You understand and agree that alternative methods of opting out, such as using alternative words or requests, will not be considered a reasonable means of opting out. We do not charge for the service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message and data rates may apply.
- For any questions, please text HELP to the number you received the messages from. You can also contact us here for more information.
- We have the right to modify any telephone number or short code we use to operate the service at any time. You will be notified on such occasions. You agree that any messages you send to a telephone number or short code we have changed, including any STOP or HELP requests, may not be received, and we will not be liable for honouring requests made in such messages.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
By using or purchasing Hirestreet products or services, you agree that any controversy, claim, action, or dispute between you and Hirestreet arising out of or relating to: (a) these Terms, or the breach thereof; or (b) your access to or use of Hirestreet ’s website or the services or the materials; or (c) any alleged violation of any law, statute or ordinance (each such controversy or claim, a “Claim”), shall be resolved exclusively through binding individual arbitration administered by the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) in accordance with its applicable rules.
Arbitration is a form of dispute resolution in which parties agree to submit their disputes and potential disputes to a neutral third person (called an arbitrator) for a binding decision, instead of having such dispute(s) decided in a lawsuit, in court, by a judge or jury trial. The arbitrator is obligated to issue a reasoned award in writing, including all findings of fact and law upon which the award was made. The arbitrator shall not have the power to commit errors of law, and the arbitrator’s award may be vacated or corrected through judicial review by a court of competent jurisdiction. Each party’s attorneys’ fees, expert costs, and other costs and expenses incurred in connection with arbitration will be borne by the party incurring such costs and expenses.
The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in English and held in London, United Kingdom. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single arbitrator appointed in accordance with the rules of the LCIA. The arbitrator's decision shall be final and binding on both parties.
The arbitration shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The parties agree that any legal action or proceeding relating to this Agreement or the subject matter hereof shall be instituted in a court of competent jurisdiction in London.
Costs and Fees:
Each party shall bear its own costs and expenses, including attorney's fees, associated with the arbitration proceedings. The prevailing party may be awarded its reasonable costs and attorney's fees incurred in connection with the arbitration.
All aspects of the arbitration proceedings, including the award, shall be kept confidential by the parties and their representatives, except as required by law or as necessary for the enforcement of the arbitration award.
Exception to Arbitration:
Notwithstanding the above, either party may seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation, or violation of a party's copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property rights.
Waiver of Class Action and Jury Trial:
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each party waives its right to bring any dispute as a class, consolidated, representative, or collective action, or to participate in a class, consolidated, representative, or collective action, whether in arbitration or in any court proceeding.